Rosemary Rib Roast
Certified Angus Beef LLC
- 5 pound Certified Angus Beef ® Rib Roast
- Balsamic vinegar for brushing
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush entire surface of roast with balsamic vinegar.
- Combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and olive oil to make an herb paste. Coat top, ends and sides of roast with paste.
- Place beef in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350ºF and continue roasting for approximately 2 hours for medium (when thermometer registers 150°F), more or less for desired doneness.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; loosely tent with foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Slice across the grain.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic potatoes and roasted carrots.